Things I am pondering today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RAIV70Judge View Post
    In the past it was a no brainer-Power tour is a must! This year has several reasons that may keep me sidelined. The Judge has developed a drop in compression in several cylinders, which explains the loss of mpg's and power. My baby girl Megan is graduating high school the kickoff weekend. And the 68' Camaro is not even close to going. And either are the assorted others that I have. Then there is the recent promotion at work, and the enormous overtime that should be kicking in around.....(you guessed it) Power Tour. Sooo, I'm trying to get a game plan, so I can do everything! On a postive note, my son told me we were going and thats, THAT!
    Didn't know about the Promotion!!! congrats man!
    maybe join on sunday or monday after her graduation!

We still going to get the fiero in?? I will call you tomorrow about that...we don't have to do everything if you don't have the time, just need to get it running well again!
    Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

• Well Matt, Powertour will be there next year as well...I know I should not of gone this year, but it was what I needed, at the point in my life I was dealing with things.

I figure if Boob can pull the engine from his shoebox every year for a refresher, how hard can it be on the Da Judge?

I know I should pull the toploader out and install new shaft seals and what not, but F it. Going to do a new output {drive shaft} seal, install the drive shaft safety loop, and work on doing something to amp up the stereo.

Pondering: two 8" subs, or two 12" subs? Then I need to install amps for the deck and door speakers...and one for the dash speakers...and then I need a system crossover...
      Damnit.
      Andrew
      1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
      2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eliteman76 View Post
        Well Matt, Powertour will be there next year as well...I know I should not of gone this year, but it was what I needed, at the point in my life I was dealing with things.

I figure if Boob can pull the engine from his shoebox every year for a refresher, how hard can it be on the Da Judge?

I know I should pull the toploader out and install new shaft seals and what not, but F it. Going to do a new output {drive shaft} seal, install the drive shaft safety loop, and work on doing something to amp up the stereo.

Pondering: two 8" subs, or two 12" subs? Then I need to install amps for the deck and door speakers...and one for the dash speakers...and then I need a system crossover...
        Damnit.

i'm pondering how open headers would make that stereo sound
        Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

• Matt, I hope I am done with my car if not will take the wifes new Flex, hope you are there we would all miss you, We need the goat.

Comment

• Originally posted by cobra View Post
            i'm pondering how open headers would make that stereo sound
            Damn kids and their Rock N Roll -
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

• The Judge has lost almost all compression in 3 cylinders, last I checked. They are pushing around 30 lbs. Others are well over 120. i believe its the heads, valves are way overdue. The biggest concern is the work schedule, and the graduation. i could pick up my long haul credentials on Friday, stay till Saturday, drive home, do the graduation, then drive to Muskegon afterwards, and continue on. I'm not out yet......alot of planet aligning will have to happen.......
              HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
              DW- 12,16,17
              "Stay thirsty my friends"
              The worlds most interesting man

Comment

• Where are the BB brothers?

That would be Bucky and Bisher!

Comment

• Talked to Bucky on Thursday, he has made all the hotel reservations for us. Bisher is having his third bundle of joy soon, and it looks like he may have to miss it this year.
                  HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                  DW- 12,16,17

Comment

• which route to go with the Fiero in the future????? Matt you confused me even more man!!!
                    Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Talked to Bucky on Thursday, he has made all the hotel reservations for us. Bisher is having his third bundle of joy soon, and it looks like he may have to miss it this year.
                      That's great BUT is it sooooooo much work that they can't come visit us here?

Comment

• Hey Matt, tell James they do make these.

I R Bob
                        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• hmm what am I pondering today... how did I end up with such awesome parents? Definitely crammed the new engine in today while it was nice out, and pushed it into the garage (with the help of a neighbor).

'95 S10: 350sbc/th350 (for now)
                          '05 Cobalt SS: 13.4@105 (boost + money = fun)
                          '03 GSXR1000: exhaust, stacks, filter, PCIII, nitrous, plenty of other stuff
                          GO CAPITALS!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                            Hey Matt, tell James they do make these.

Bob, you read my mind man!!!haha.......
                            HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                            DW- 12,16,17

Comment

The Judge has lost almost all compression in 3 cylinders, last I checked. They are pushing around 30 lbs. Others are well over 120. i believe its the heads, valves are way overdue. The biggest concern is the work schedule, and the graduation. i could pick up my long haul credentials on Friday, stay till Saturday, drive home, do the graduation, then drive to Muskegon afterwards, and continue on. I'm not out yet......alot of planet aligning will have to happen.......
                              pick up your credentials on friday and have someone else stamp them for you in Muskegan and meet up at the next stop. that way you don't have to kill yourself.
                              Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

• Even if I were to run to Detroit, get my credentials, run back home, then run to Muskegon, I still wouldn't have the mileage that others will rack up! As its breaking down, it looks like that is going to be the best plan so far.
                                HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                                DW- 12,16,17

Comment

Working...
                                X