X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like it! Looks all racecar-y.

Dan

Comment

• New rear Bumper is on, looks great. I'll get a picture in daylight some time this week.

New seat test fit. As expected, the Corbeau seat brackets are close, but not exactly correct for each of the 6 seat mounting locations. The two front holes are good, and two of the four rear holes are also ok. I'll simply need to slot two of the holes in the new slider bracket, so no major surgery needed. I also test fit the drivers seat and I like it!

Notice the new seat is slightly lower, now my helmeted head will fit better in the car. Eventually I'd like to add some of the fabric used on the stock seats to the centers of the new seats to tie it all together with the rear seats.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0483b.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	1099628
      Last edited by mike343sharpstick; April 26, 2016, 09:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mike343sharpstick View Post
        New Strut rods are in place, I added an extra degree of caster upon reassembly. Measured caster before I removed the old strut rods, then added some upon reassembly.
        I'll get a proper realignment soon.
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]n1099619[/ATTACH]

Looks great! The seats are a subtle but very nice addition as well.
        CHECK US OUT AT:
        www.ridetech.com

Comment

• I agree with changing the seat center fabric if you can. It would look more AMC that way.

Dan

Comment

• New seats are in, both corbeau brackets needed modification, but both needed the same fix, so at least it was consistent.
            Still need to mount the sub-belt.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_46115.jpeg
Views:	141
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	1100498 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_46114.jpeg
Views:	141
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	1100497
            Last edited by mike343sharpstick; May 1, 2016, 11:03 PM.

Comment

• The seats look great. I'm toying with putting a 6 point roll bar in my 66. Of course that means seats to go with it. Vicious cycle. You're going to love the way the car drives with the struts.
              Tom
              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• Thanks, and yeah, "Vicious cycle" is the understatement of the day!
                I'm an oil change and a good washing away from getting it out.

Comment

• Finally got it out today, Fun!

Comment

• Originally posted by mike343sharpstick View Post
                    Finally got it out today, Fun!
                    . . .

Comment

• So how does it drive?
                      Tom
                      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• First ride was short, hard to tell if there was any improvement. There was a little 'clunk' I wanted to chase down. I needed to do an oil change too so back up in the air it went.
                        Last week I ordered 8 quarts of Joe Gibbs HR oil and a couple Baldwin B9 oil filters. That's one expensive oil change with that fancy oil pan!

I found I had to shorten the anti-sway bar links about .5 inch, The fuel line was too close to the lower control arm, and had some 'play' in it, so I secured that with a cable tie.
                        I also found that the fasteners holding the brake disc to the hub was ever so slightly loose, so I tightened those up. Brake Bleed and done.

Back on the Road for a beat down.

The little clunk seems to be gone, the polyurethane bushing make some noise on occasion. The rod ends on the strut rod didn't seem to negatively impact any ride quality.
                        The new seats are great! I don't need to corner with a firm grip on the A-pillar any more, LOL.

Last edited by mike343sharpstick; May 16, 2016, 08:24 AM.

Comment

• Glad the clunk was nothing major!
                          CHECK US OUT AT:
                          www.ridetech.com

Comment

• nice! You're about at the end of the debugging phase, correct?
                            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• I sure hope that's the case. I can't afford another round of troubleshooting like last year!
                              Now that this round of upgrades is buttoned up, and the car ready for some fun, I want to circle back and get the upper control arm/coil-over project moving and just have fun with it.
                              Lots of other little jobs like reverse lights interior lighting, and junk like that I would like to clear up as well.

Comment

• Don't worry about ride quality with the rod ends. My whole front suspension is either rod ends or a mono bearing on the LCA. Even the spring perches has sealed roller bearings instead of rubber bushings. Unless I told you, you would never know. Despite going up in spring rate, the car rides softer then it did before when I had my cheap Monroe shocks. The car just glides over bumps and pot holes.
                                Tom
                                Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Working...
                                X