No announcement yet.

The Silver Buick's well Silver Buick!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• huh...all the time slips I turned in had RT in the .2x to .3x range. I guess I get more practice than you do! I still have the jacket I won in 1981 for C trophy at Tucson Dragway, point champion
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• If I was just loading up against a converter it'd have been a piece of cake, but with a clutch it's way too easy to zing the rpm far higher than I wanted it, which would just result in lighting the tires up. My reaction times in 2011 and 2012 (pre-pro tree) were way more sensible.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• yup. I don't load mine much at all, but I also don't really have to worry about how much I'm loading it, I just give it a little gas and hold the brake pedal, then when I see yellow, I let er rip
        My fabulous web page

Comment

• I am sure I lose .50 second on every run because of my 1-2 shift.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• I plan on setting up the 2-step rev-limiter and then working on the flat shift settings so "in theory" I will just leave the gas pedal on the floor and when I hit the clutch pedal the engine will drop in RPM accordingly. I've had the 2-step set up real nice at one point, but never got the flat shift quite right.

Comment

• Day 2, at Lucas Speedway in Indianapolis! Did much better this day. That right tail light lens.... I've double checked the grounds, the bulbs are bright, its just the lens is hazed over from half the car getting California sun for a decade. The video really accents it =/

Comment

• the guys liked that run!

and I spied myself driving down the return road...so I had to roll the video back a couple minutes...
                My fabulous web page

Comment

• The video angle is pretty good for seeing what the suspension is doing during the run/shifts. I'm probably going to go back and further analyze it.

Comment

• It's not often we get pros taking video of our junk!
                    My fabulous web page

Comment

• I love the manual behind that 455, but (after watching you bounce the nose off the track on your shift) maybe it's time to start thinking about an automatic.... that transmission would be awesome in your Pontiac...

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• I would certainly be quicker with an auto, but I enjoy the manual the other 51 weeks of the year too, so will just have to work with that. Like I said, hopefully I can get the 2-step and flat shift dialed in to improve/crutch my launch and shifting abilities.

Comment

• Day 3, Union Grove. This was not a good day for me, lol.

This first pass was with the tires aired up to at least 32psi, and they didn't stick very well on launch.

I immediately got right back in lanes before the Class car time allotment closed. Unfortunately when I aired down the tires in the lanes I went a bit too low, down to 18psi, but I was hoping it'd do better off the line than before, but it didn't. Then at the top end of the track, while braking, the engine coughed and stalled. This is when I got stuck at the end of the return road.

You can see my car in the grass on the left, then Brian and DF start talking about the "towing rules".

The debate....

"Official ruling, fix it at the end of the big end of the track...."

See me troubleshooting it. By 3:44:xx I've got the trailer moved down there and the car pushed under the shade of the tree on the other side of the return road.

After I found the problem I took a break and walked down to turn in a time slip. I'm just under the left side of the scoreboard.

Then here you can see me happily driving down the return road, trailer in tow

Comment

• Found a few pictures from the day

Starting my second pass, right before getting stuck at the end of the track.

One of a couple of my slow walks back to the car from the pits. In this case, it was after I found the problem and was taking a break. As noted by the soda in my hand

T
                            hen my triumphant drive down the return road just happened to be captured as well!
                            Last edited by TheSilverBuick; September 30, 2015, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• man, that "final ruling" SUCKED... congrats on getting her back down the return road!
                              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Yeah, the "final" ruling was actually over turned an hour or two after I was down at the end when another car was stalled out down there. Another competitor drove by to tow them back to the pits and stopped by and said "they changed their mine, you can tow it from the return road." which on Friday Bailey got stalled out on the return road and I heard them announce it over the PA that it was determined that it is allowed.

I think Keith Turk came over to tell me I could get a tow, but saw my trailer there and he grumbled about "how the trailer got there" instead and I said "towed here by another competitor, since the car couldn't be towed.".

Comment

Working...
                                X