*** "OFFICIAL" VIOLATION GAME THREAD***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: *** "OFFICIAL" CarJunkie VIOLATION GAME ***

Wheels that are a style that's way older than the car seem to look out of place for some reason. Newer wheels on an older car (up to 10-15 yrs difference) don't seem quite as odd.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

That thing is totally wrong.
      The back end should sit about 4" higher, the cragars should be rusty, flaking chrome. The tires should be white letter, at least 2 different brands and way too tall in the rear.
      The CD player should be an audiovox tape deck with a mix tape of various hair bands, taped off the radio.
      It should be sitting on blocks, parked next to an excessively beat chevy 4x4, next to a trailer.
      The paint is too nice, there should be more spray can primer, and one of the fenders should be a different color.
      All that leather in the interior should be grease stained cloth. Dashpad should be cracked.
      The pad on the center console should be missing, or the hinge should at least be broken.
      There should be a sun tach in front of the stock tach. Those autometer guages should be cheap guages, bought from the automotive section of a Wal Mart.
      Engine should have a holly, the throttle bracket should be made from a bent piece of old tin.
      Valve covers should be stamped chrome or anodized. All that braided line should be rubber hose and brass fittings.
      The door handles would still be there, except the drivers side will be broken.

There are probably more, but I don't want to be too harsh.

Comment

You forgot to mention the all-important Camaro driver haircut
        My fabulous web page

Comment

Don't forget the "Wink" mirror and the old "Loverboy" concert t-shirt streched over the tore-up driver's seatback ;) And HEY, I like SUN tach's ;D
          Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

how about the whole joe dirt thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Rendid
              Rear wheels could use a taller sidewall. It could sit a little lower. Then take a picture of it in front of a strip club or adult bookstore so it doesn't look so out of place.
              Rear tires got more sidewall now, can't lower it much more. Actually needs more rubber in front... oh, and I have a good female friend waiting for the car to be road ready so I can take a pic for the chicks and cars thread... Hopefully she'll be a keeper...

Lose the 4 lugs and get some better wheels, then make it at least twice as fast as it is now.
              what 88hp isn't enough? I really need to take more pics of this beast.

Poke some holes in that hoodscoop.
              it just went into extended storage... this winter that's on the to-do list (chassis & body)

Comment

This is my dads car which I have at my house right now. I think you guys will be able to come up with a pretty healthy list for this thing. Even I am appauled by some of my dads handy work, and styling cues. At least its got a 4-speed. I know its not my car, and I dont care somebody has to see some of the sweetness.

Comment

well........

What are his intentions?

I do dig the crusty goodness of that old Sun Tach in the proper location, the Hurst 4-rower, and the 3-spoke wheel.

The power brake booster and dual reservoir master cylinder does inspire some hop.

The front seats and that nasty carpet needs to go in the trash.

what's up with the coil mount? Looks like there's more oil ON the engine than in.

Nice battery hold-down.

Elite series air cleaner looks out-of-place.

Comment

Sits too high either lower it or put a straight axle under it ;D
                    Rims dont ft the crusty cool style of the car...if you got to run them then lower it
                    no battery hold down
                    Wire rats nest needs some TLC
                    Seats are all wrong, needs some aluminum bomber seats
                    The Pep Boys drink holder has got to go
                    Whats up with the custom radio holder plte thing...

That thing has gobs and gobs of potential..I like it all in all

The Sun Tach rocks

Comment

Interesting 55.....probably needs to be lowered, instead of raised, since it's a hardtop, not a sedan. The wheels/tires are just way wrong, thanks for reminding me why mine has 15s on it. The junkyard motor is ok as long as the rest of the underhood matches, the MSD is way out of place (I have one like it hidden under the dash in my 55), as with the coil. Those air cleaners have always been a violation, even when they're just sitting on the shelf at pep boys. I dig the pre-1973 external regulator alternator, steering wheel, 3 pedals, and the tach is ok too. Carpet I could live with for a week or two, but the seats are definitely wrong (although the right one(s) won't be cheap/easy to find). Definitely lots of potential, like Joe says!
                      My fabulous web page

Comment

Dang...I missed that 80's-tastic antenna

Comment

Style points for being a 55 Del Rey Club coupe with a V8, 4 spd. under hood wiring is scary. As is the lack of a battery hold down. One good smash of the brakes and it will go through the radiator and grille. The Cadillac Seville seats need to go. The underdash radio adapter thingy. I kinda like the old school steering wheel and tach. Give Dad four quarters and send to the carwash to vacuum the damn carpet. Wheels don't match. Next time you walk by the car rip off that rubber radio antenna.

I like the clean-ish valve covers and intake on the glob of grease. Please tell me it's not a 307.

I still want it.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver

I still want it.

Yeah....me too

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY
                              Originally posted by Rebeldryver

I still want it.

Yeah....me too
                              Me 3.

The fact that it has multiple violations doesn't deter my inner demons saying "I WANT THAT!!!

Where in the western part of the sate are you located, BTW? LOL

Comment

slam that 55, toss out that cupholder, and vacuum it!!! those shoeboxes in primer... classic look...

Comment

Working...
                                X