*** "OFFICIAL" VIOLATION GAME THREAD***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: *** "OFFICIAL" CarJunkie VIOLATION GAME ***

Why is it that the "rat rod" folks seem to think everything has to have a skull on it?

Is the official blood ceremony to be inducted into the rat rod club a sworn promise that you'll put a skull on every car and a tattoo on every inch of both arms?

WTF?

That car is an abomination, and I really love how he sais how reliable it is based on a whopping 100 miles of driving!
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

:P

Comment

"Honey, spray it with the hose to make it look all shiny-like."

Brian
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Brian

I'm amazed at how many ebay and other 'net sellers use that technique.

If there's one thing that buying vehicles over the 'net has taught me -- a vehicle ALWAYS looks better in pictures than in real life.

Even those ads with a million pictures of each panel at different angles --- you still can't see what the car really looks like until you are standing in front if it in the daylight.

I've even seen a few sale adds where the concrete driveway under the car is still obviuosly wet from a wash - and they're taking pictures before the water dries off the car to make it look like it has that "showroom shine".

There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle
            WTF is up with Port Holes?
            HA!

My greatest peeve in automotive life is people gluing those f'n things on all kinds of stuff. Freiburger makes fun of the way I say Port Holes. Being from Boston it sounds more like Pawht Holes.

That thing is the rolling definition of a "hot mess". I only wish we could see pictures of his "new car" that he just completed. I bet that's even more disasterous than the first.

The shifter handle makes me want to yack.

Brian

Comment

If that shifter gives you regurgitation reflex, I've GOT to post pics of SpeedJunkee's uncle's "rat rod" P/U....it has a (get this) rebar shifter.

Bent in a fashionable "z" shape, no less........oh hell, almost forgot to mention that it DOES have the "prerequisite" skull shifter knob.

:

The "port holes".....best-selling item(along with the pedal dress-up kits) over at the 'Zone......

All of this falls under the caption of 'Vision with no Supervision"......

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                Being from Boston it sounds more like Pawht Holes.
                We have Pot Holes here too, but they're in the road.
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                  "Honey, spray it with the hose to make it look all shiny-like."

Brian
                  Old movie trick. Not the car, but the concrete. Helps reflect light and show the cars in the reflection. Check out any movie shot on a street at night. Pavement is always wet.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Scott, that trick is a great idea if the car you are trying to highlight is not a hideous piece of crap.

:D

Brian

Comment

Or paint flat black. Um, wait...never mind.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by smallblockjay
                        Originally posted by fahrenschnell
                        Ummm....That front axle may be a little far out front and not attached properly ;D

Seth
                        First thing I noticed.

That car's got nuts. ;D No really, it does. Hanging off the back. Those things have to be the most obnoxious things you can put on a vehicle. They are bad enough on redneck trucks, much less on a rod of any sort.

And the last violation - it's got a Ford motor in it. ;D And it looks like a bone stock motor at that. That sucks. 8)
                        OK, piss on you for the FoMoCo motor comment, better than another SBC POS.
                        LOL
                        I could not agree more with you however on the bull ball thing, at first it was pretty ammusing, now it's plain stupid.
                        Get rid of alot of the extra crap junk, skulls, and get a matching set of wheels, and maybe at least I could stand to drive the thing.
                        Andrew
                        1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                        2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
                          :P
                          :P :P
                          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteman76
                            Originally posted by smallblockjay
                            Originally posted by fahrenschnell
                            Ummm....That front axle may be a little far out front and not attached properly ;D

Seth
                            First thing I noticed.

That car's got nuts. ;D No really, it does. Hanging off the back. Those things have to be the most obnoxious things you can put on a vehicle. They are bad enough on redneck trucks, much less on a rod of any sort.

And the last violation - it's got a Ford motor in it. ;D And it looks like a bone stock motor at that. That sucks. 8)
                            OK, piss on you for the FoMoCo motor comment, better than another SBC POS.
                            LOL
                            I could not agree more with you however on the bull ball thing, at first it was pretty ammusing, now it's plain stupid.
                            Get rid of alot of the extra crap junk, skulls, and get a matching set of wheels, and maybe at least I could stand to drive the thing.
                            ;D ;D ;D At least I got someone to react! ;D ;D ;D The SBF could be cool if it wasn't stock, 2 barrel, plain. A plain SBC beats a plain SBF any time. Even looks better. ;D ;D ;D LOL

Comment

Don't forget the "Grass, Gas, or Ass" sign on the back.
                              And the fake bullet holes. There are plenty of people, on this forum alone, that would gladly put real ones in it, for free.

Comment

Sorry for the shiney paintjob guys, it was raining so there was nothing I could do about that. :D

Just curious if I missed something more besides the obvious ;)
                                So rip away!

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Working...
                                X