No announcement yet.

The Silver Buick's well Silver Buick!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Silver Buick's well Silver Buick!

The ashtray....oh yeah. the tach is in there.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
      The ashtray....oh yeah. the tach is in there.
      Great, now I have to get the dash tach working so I can clear out the ashtray for the Megaview :D
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
        Originally posted by CTX-SLPR
        What about a pod thing in the middle center of the dash just in front of the center defroster vent if you have one?
        ???

The bottom one is the layout of my dash.

Since I have my MS out, I'm looking at adding the circuit needed for the Knock Sensor to work, and looking at changing the firmware to MS2/extra.
        Like this:
        Central TEXAS Sleeper
        USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

you need to figure out how to make it into a heads up display on the windshield.....you'll have the highest techest X body in the world
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

you use a chevy picture to illustrate the buick.... you know that's 10 years of bad joujou for doing that? :-\

why not put a tach on the hood ala GS cars?
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

hmmmm-If I took apart ALL the quadrajets I owned over a lifetime, and laid all the parts out on a red piece of plastic, it still wouldn't be as much as all that shit!! You are such a brainiac! you go boy! Do you have to pull the engine to do this? should I reship the cam brg tool this week?
              67 Fairlane 434 ci/464 hp/488 tq-RIP
              05 GTO torrid red/red gut, LS2, Auto (my knees hurt!)

Comment

CTX-SLPR, oh ok, I wanted to do that with my fuel pump amp gauges. I'd prefer an overhead console, but that's not out of the realm of possibilities.

Jim, If I could I would! I think it takes a special windshield coating too.

Buickguy, I know, that thought crossed my mind when I posted the picture :'( I used to want a hood tach, but now I have a factory tach in the dash cluster. I still would like to get '70-'72 style hood scoop (or whatever they are called on the Buick's).

Scott, haha. My Mom said the same thing, I said it's just Lego's for adults, years of training paid off LOL. The engine will remain in for the time being, I'll let you know if that changes :P

Comment

hey Randal, you can take a picture of YOUR dash and take a pic of the display, and photoshop it....

hint: get in the back seat to take the picture, and zoom or crop to get the pic the right size
                  My fabulous web page

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel
                    hey Randal, you can take a picture of YOUR dash and take a pic of the display, and photoshop it....

hint: get in the back seat to take the picture, and zoom or crop to get the pic the right size
                    this coming from the guy who had a month of red x's instead of pictures of his freshly painted shoebox.... ;)

Comment

The pics were the right size, not my fault if you can't see them

My fabulous web page

Comment

It's not the coating, its the combined angle of the windshield and the projector to deliver the majority of the reflection to your eyes. You also need to have a powerful enough display.

Most HUD's don't retrofit into older cars because the windshield angle is way off of what the units were designed to be used with. You'd have to experiement with no dash in place to tilt the unit right then design the rest around it.
                        Central TEXAS Sleeper
                        USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

ctx is right.... i've had several cars with HUD, and it's the angle of the glass.... although, you could probably put a tint in the section where it displays to overcome the problem

GS hood scoops would be relatively easy to put onto your car.... I do wonder at how it would look.

Comment

it'd look like a wannabe GS nova

My fabulous web page

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel
                              it'd look like a wannabe GS nova
                              It can't be a "wanna be" if there isn't one to be!

Originally posted by Buickguy
                              GS hood scoops would be relatively easy to put onto your car.... I do wonder at how it would look.
                              I figure it'd be easy too, well as long as I could actually come up with some scoops. I eventually need a new hood for this car as is though, this one is bent from my Uncle running into something before I got the car. I suck at photoshop so I can only imagine

Comment

Neato. I thought about putting a Megaview in the Ranger but decided to just use the Palm interface instead.
                                Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                                1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                                1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                                1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                                1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                                1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Working...
                                X