Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Things I am pondering today

Originally posted by White Monster
    Congratulations Dave, more stuff for the car photo album !!
    ;D
    Photo album? That's a good idea. But, I would have to take down some of my Beer Can collection to make room it.

Wait, that's no collection that's last weeks empties ! Damn did the wife leave me again?

Seriously, I sure LOVED that Bud Light house on the Superbowl commercial !

Locally Famous and Nationally Unknown,

DTB

p.s. or is that now, locally infamous and nationally known ?
    DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Speaking of the June 10 Issue of CC. Has anyone attended the Power Wheel Stand weekend at Byron. Some of my friends have been there to race on that weekend. I have the DVD's it sounds and looks like a great show. Have to see what is going on closer to October.

Kris Carnell at Byron, IL.
      200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
      Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Will she make the trip?

During a leg last October on the Northeast Rod Run, Boob, TigerSnake/Dale Frier and 1oldgoat/Keith (a.k.a. the Canadians) made a stop at this l?il, tiny weeny gas station/general store in the middle of Vermont. As we had ~ 25 cars in the herd, the stop took a bit of time. We get around to talking to the owner, who was doing some repairs to the building's doors. He asks us if we would like to see his latest project 'out back'. Low and behold, a craftsman's handiwork (59 El Camino ? under wraps). He said she'll be on the tour but unfortunately, I didn't get the junkie's name or number. ???

a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Originally posted by arrowhead
          l?il, tiny weeny
          Well, Tom, I didn't realize you ran around with a measuring stick for such observations :-[

Perhaps if it was a teeny weeny gas station he would have been building a Ranchero instead. :-*

Comment

Not really pondering, but I sure am happy to be away from this project for the weekend.

30 square feet of backsplash, 4 square inches at a time. Yes beer is good right now :P.
            "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn
              Originally posted by arrowhead
              l?il, tiny weeny
              Perhaps if it was a teeny weeny gas station he would have been building a Ranchero instead. :-*
              touche
              a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Working on Race engine today, clearanced the rods yesterday, need to clearance the front main cap, disassemble, clean and reassemble.
                Here is the build
                427 Small Block, Dart little M, 4.125 X 4.0 inch stroke, 13-1 Diamond pistons, Dart Pro 1 cylinder heads with full competition port. Intake flows 310 @.700.
                Cam is Comp custom grind, .900 base circle, intake 278 @ .050, .681 lift @ 1.5 rockers.

200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin
                  Not really pondering, but I sure am happy to be away from this project for the weekend.

30 square feet of backsplash, 4 square inches at a time. Yes beer is good right now :P.
                  Sure looks like more that 30 sq. ft, but you do great work Matt! :D

Linda 8)

Comment

Thanks Linda, and thanks for the new job ;).

Matt

Comment

Thanks Linda, and thanks for the new job ;).
                      You are welcome, we will have fun!! ;D

Linda 8)

Comment

What the heck is that thing Matt ? Kitchen, bath, morutary ? Looks like your light is sitting on a casket or display area of some sort. I bet you wish those things were in sheets instead of singles !
                        Phil / Omaha

Comment

Looks like a 'Mediterranean' style kitchen to me...........
                          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr
                            Looks like a 'Mediterranean' style kitchen to me...........
                            You'd be correct Ed. One of three kitchens in the house.

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10
                            I bet you wish those things were in sheets instead of singles !
                            They actually did come in sheets, but not in a herring bone pattern so they had to be seperated before I could even start.

Matt

Comment

The tile looks pretty cool Matt. I just tiled our kitchen backsplash a couple weeks ago, used some glass tile mixed in with flat ceramic tile. Turned out pretty well, I had never done it before. I think I am ready to take on redoing the bathroom tile now but Mike says nooo. Will have him talked into it for next winters project.

Donna
                              Donna
                              Williamston, MI
                              Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

nice work Matt.......the whole time i was reading Donna's post, i thought it was Mike....LOL......you GO girl!
                                Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Working...
                                X