Running in the 5’s and 6’s on the dragstrip isn’t hard with the right equipment, but doing that AND driving the car hundreds of miles a day for a week is a whole other thing. One of the big challenges is enough ignition to fire all that fuel under boost on the track, without burning up all the other components on the street. Putting race levels of spark energy through spark plug wires, spark plugs, distributor caps, etc isn’t an issue in short bursts but if you put that level of electrical energy through them for hours at a time something usually gives. But what if you could flip a switch and change from super high power for the track and then to lower power for on the road duty? If that sounds like magic to you, then welcome to the magic show because MSD has done just that with the new Pro 600 Single Channel ignition.
Here’s all the info from MSD.
READ MORE BELOW
- Adjustable output energy up to 680 millijoules (mJ)
- Over 3A peak spark current when used with the recommended ignition coil PN 82612/3
- Compatible with 8/6/4 cylinder engines
- Spark current sense and recording for each firing
- Spark duration of greater than 250 microseconds
- Rated for continuous operation at an output of 600 mJ
- Operates between 12- 28V
- Minimum starting voltage 6-volts
- Direct plug-in to MSD Power Grid Controller PN7730
- Reverse battery protection
- Internally protected from damage caused by internal over-temperature or open / shorted coil
- Diagnostic LED detects the presence of faults
- On-the-fly Power Output selection wire