I’m a Chevrolet fan. A diehard Chevrolet fan. And if I was going to own a Ford, a Maverick or Pinto would be the first two on my list. But coming in third would be a 1967 or 1968 Mustang Fastback. Sorry folks, but 1965-1966 were girly cars. And 1969 and 70 had them becoming big fat cars. Sure there is the Boss 429 which will always be an epicly cool machine, but for me the most muscular and cool Mustangs were built in 1967 and 1968.
So when I saw this particular car for sale on Craigslist I was immediately in love. It sits right, the wheels are insanely bitchin, and the detail on this sucker is truly special. I would drive the crap out of this sucker!
Wouldn’t you? And it comes with both the drag racing suspension, wheels and tires you see here and a complete setup for turning corners too!
It has a ton of cool stuff, is not just a show queen, and the seller has put a ton of information in the ad. So read on and see what you’d be getting if you spent the cash to own this thing.
It’s got a Pond built all aluminum 510 inch FE, with an original Tunnel Port intake on it! AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH The clouds are parting and the sun rays are shining as God himself thinks this is great. Sorry, I got excited! Read on.
Up for sale is a 1967 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Tribute that has received a complete nut and bolt rotisserie restoration over the course of the last 7 years. It currently has 32 miles on the odometer since this extensive restoration where a very large sum has been spent to build this extraordinary tribute. The color is Factory Ford/Shelby “Nightmist Blue” and the brushed aluminum interior is an exact replica of the Original 1967 Shelby GT500 with a couple added features. Countless hours have been spent building this vehicle to concourse specifications and replicating an Original Shelby GT500 but with a drive-train that could only be available in 2016. Every single part on this car is new and/or restored and it is impeccable. You will not find a more powerful, beautiful and accurate replica of a 1967 Shelby GT500 for sale on the planet.
*** This GT500 includes two suspension & wheel/tire setups but I can discount the price if you only want one of the setups. The current setup you see pictured is a nostalgic Drag Setup which includes complete blueprinted and roller suspension components, complete Calvert Racing Caltracs setup, M/T Street Slicks and Front Runners (this is all DOT approved and street legal in all states). The second setup includes Original Shelby Magstar rims w/BF Goodrich Radials (Brand new w/Stickers still on them), Front drop springs, rear drop leaf springs, Koni Shocks, Original Shelby rear traction bars, 2 sets of slotted/drilled & full contact 4 wheel disc setup and front/rear sway bars. I will install the suspension and setup of your choice for my asking price. For any offer below the asking price, all parts and components will be included with the sale and the car will remain in Drag Race trim or as negotiated.
*** I will also include a 31 spline 3:25 rear 3rd member for those who would like to enjoy higher freeway speeds at low RPM, for the asking price.
*** No Trades and No payment options.
*** Free enclosed shipping is included with the asking price to any location on the globe ***
Please call Jim at 949-370-8699 if you have any questions.
The following is a short list of what this vehicle includes;
– Pond All Aluminum 427 FE (Stroked to 510ci), w/Stage II Heads built by Keith Kraft dynoed @ 650HP/670TQ
(This is in de-tuned form and the engine is well capable of 700+ HP/740+ TQ)
– Original Ford Tunnel Wedge setup w/Dual Holley 4160’s w/progressive linkage setup
– MSD 6AL Ignition System
– Custom Fabricated large tube headers w/3.5″ collectors & completely thermal wrapped
– Findanza Aluminum Flywheel w/McLeod Pressure Plate, ceramic disc & Lakewood SFI Bell Housing
– David Kees All Aluminum 4 speed Toploader
– Hurst Super Shifter III w/reverse lock-out
– Moser All Aluminum (bolt-thru) 3rd Member w/3:91 Spool & 31 Spline axles
– Coleman Racing 3.5″ All Aluminum Drive Shaft w/1350 Spicer U-Joints w/girdles
– 3″ Magnaflow Stainless Exhaust w/cross over
– 4 Wheel Disc
– Original ’67 Tilt-Away Steering Column w/Real FIAA wood wheel
– Date code correct glass
– Dual front torque boxes
– Rear mounted Optima Yellow Top battery w/upgraded electrical system that includes relays & junction blocks
– O2 sensors w/computer readings for A/F ratio, RPM & Vacuum w/Innovate Data Logger
– Derale Dual electric fans & Aluminum Radiator
– Original Shelby 140MPH/8K tach dash cluster w/custom programmable shift light
– Original Restored Shelby Harness/Lap Belts w/Branda padded roll bar & factory Original Shelby inertia reels
– All Original Interior parts, including fold down rear seats, comfort-weave upholstery, fiberglass panels, etc
– Complete interior and roof is lined with Fatmat heat & sound proof material
– So much more, please ask if you have questions.