Well we now know that you can be driving a Challenger Demon for right around $86,000 if you’d like it the way it comes or about $100,000 if you want to load it with the available options that Dodge is putting on the menu. If you want to add a passenger seat? Yeah that’s going to cost you exactly $1.00…yes one dollar. The same goes for the rear seat. Also one dollar.Oh, and if you want the Demon crate? That’s a buck as well. How freaking cool?!
Other options are the things you’s expect to find like leather seats, red accented seatbelts, a stereo, a comfort group that adds a bunch of interior stuff and the big daddy is a sunroof. Why is the sunroof a big daddy option? It costs $5,000 to add that on and we have no idea why anyone would want to unless they are a Mopar collector who knows that no on will be optioning them and it’ll help with value.
We’re still suspicious of the 3,300 cars that Dodge says they are going to build this year. With this pricing those 3,300 will be sold in seconds and then what. They are really just going to tell people to hit the bricks? Doubtful. We’re thinking a Hellcat situation is coming where they will build the cars to meet the demand no matter the number.
Rather than rehash all the information below, check it out. Options, option pricing, and option packages.
Here’s the full pull from Chrysler regarding Challenger Demon pricing
May 23, 2017 , Auburn Hills, Mich. – The 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon, the most powerful muscle car ever with 808 horsepower, starts at a U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $84,995 (including $1,700 gas guzzler tax, excluding $1,095 destination). Challenger SRT Demon owners who want to unleash its full potential at the drag strip – and its full 840 horsepower and 770 lb.-ft. of torque – can do so for $1 (MSRP).
“Eighty-five thousand dollars is not just a number in a business case to Dodge; we know it’s a lot of money and a significant up-charge over a Challenger Hellcat,” said Tim Kuniskis, Head of Passenger Cars – Dodge, SRT, Chrysler and FIAT, FCA North America. “We worked very hard to build as much value into the Challenger SRT Demon as possible – features, performance and exclusivity that simply can’t be duplicated with a goal of maintaining, and possibly even growing, as much future value as possible.”
The limited-production Dodge Challenger SRT Demon is the first-ever production car to do a front-wheel lift, as certified by Guinness World Records, and it’s the world’s fastest quarter-mile production car with an elapsed time (ET) of 9.65 seconds at 140 miles per hour (mph), as certified by National Hot Rod Association (NHRA). It also registers the highest g-force (1.8 g) ever recorded at launch in a production car.
While the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon remains a livable street car, every component was scrutinized and optimized for weight, capability and durability on the strip. The 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon includes key standard features unique to Dodge’s ultimate performance halo, including:
- Supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI® Demon V-8 with 808 horsepower and 717 lb.-ft. of torque
- TorqueFlite 8HP90 eight-speed automatic transmission with factory-production car exclusive TransBrake
- Standard with one seat, a premium cloth-covered driver seat
- Standard cloth seat includes Ballistic II inserts with silver embroidered Demon head logo
- Standard line lock engages the front brakes to hold the Challenger SRT Demon stationary but leaves the rear wheels free for a burnout to heat up and clean the rear tires
- Brembo lightweight high-performance brake system with two-piece rotors
- 3.09 rear axle ratio for improved off-the-line acceleration
- After-Run Cooler, a factory-production car first, helps the Challenger SRT Demon get ready for the next run as quickly as possible by running the cooling fan and the low-temperature circuit coolant pump after engine shutdown
- First-ever factory-production car with innovative SRT Power Chiller™ liquid-to-air intercooler chiller system
- Air-Grabber™ induction system includes the largest functional hood scoop (45.2 square inches) of any production car
- Torque Reserve delivers increased levels of power and torque at launch
- A flat-bottom SRT Performance steering wheel wrapped in Alcantara with paddle shifters
- Demon head logo fender badges
- Two-speaker audio system
- SRT Demon-tuned three-mode Adaptive Damping Suspension (ADS)
- 315/40R18 street-legal drag radial tires specifically designed and developed exclusively for the Challenger SRT Demon, with a new compound and specific tire sidewall construction
- 18 in. x 11 in. lightweight aluminum wheels
- Remote start
- Manual tilt/telescoping column
- Serialized dash plaque
- Dark Brushed II interior accents
For owners who want to make their Challenger SRT Demon even more capable on the strip or more comfortable for the street, available options include (all options are set at U.S. MSRP):
- Demon Crate ($1): Exclusive Demon Crate offers components that unleash the car’s 840 horsepower, 770 lb.-ft. of torque and full potential at the drag strip and is personalized with the buyer’s name, VIN and serial number. The Demon Crate and the performance parts it holds are valued at $6,140, but Challenger SRT Demon owners can buy the entire package for $1. Contents of the Demon Crate include:
- Direct Connection Performance Parts:
- Two narrow, front-runner drag wheels
- Performance powertrain control module with high-octane engine calibration
- Replacement instrument panel switch module with high-octane button
- Personalized ID badge
- Conical performance air filter
- Two valve stems
- Passenger mirror block-off plate
- Demon-branded track tools:
- Hydraulic floor jack with carrying bag
- Cordless impact wrench with charger
- Torque wrench with extension and socket
- Tire pressure gauge
- Fender cover
- Tool bag
- Foam case that fits into the Challenger SRT Demon trunk and securely holds the front runner wheels and track tools
- Direct Connection Performance Parts:
- Cloth rear seat ($1)
- Leather rear seat ($1)
- Front passenger cloth seat ($1)
- Demon trunk carpet kit ($1)
- Red seat belts ($195)
- Leather Front Seat Group includes Laguna leather and Alcantara suede covered seats with embossed Demon head logo, front passenger seat, heated and ventilated leather front seats with heated steering wheel, premium floor mats, power tilt/telescoping column and bright pedals ($1,595)
- Comfort Audio Group, Cloth Seats, includes front passenger cloth seat, 18-speaker Harman Kardon Audio, including two subwoofers and 900W amplifier, premium floor mats and bright pedals ($995)
- Painted Black Satin Hood ($1,995)
- Comfort Group, Leather Seats, includes Laguna leather and Alcantara suede covered seats with embossed Demon head logo, front passenger seat, heated and ventilated leather front seats with heated steering wheel, premium floor mats, power tilt/telescoping column, bright pedals, 18-speaker Harman Kardon Audio, including two subwoofers and 900W amplifier ($2,495)
- Painted Black Satin Graphics Package, available with all 15 exterior colors, includes satin black painted hood, roof and decklid ($3,495)
- For buyers who must have a sunroof – Power sunroof ($4,995)
The 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon will be available 15 exterior colors: B5 Blue (late availability), Billet Silver, Destroyer Grey, F8 Green (late availability), Go Mango, Granite Crystal, Indigo Blue (late availability), Maximum Steel, Octane Red, Pitch Black, Plum Crazy (late availability), Redline, TorRed, White Knuckle and Yellow Jacket.
Production of the limited-edition single model year 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon begins later this summer at the Brampton (Ont.) Assembly plant, with 3,000 vehicles for the United States and 300 vehicles for Canada. Deliveries to Dodge//SRT dealers will begin this fall.
The Challenger SRT Demon is covered by FCA US LLC’s factory warranty, including three-year/36,000-mile limited vehicle warranty and five-year/60,000-mile limited powertrain coverage.
Owner’s Track Tech Manual
Adding to its exclusivity and collectability, each 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon buyer will receive a unique, customized, leather-bound owner’s Track Tech Manual. The custom information package includes a copy of the vehicle build sheet. In addition to standard vehicle information, it also covers all the vehicles’ performance enhancements, includes detailed information about the Challenger SRT Demon’s drag-strip optimized performance technologies and pages for logging track runs.
Official Driving School of Dodge//SRT
All customers who buy new 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon receive one full-day session at Bob Bondurant School of High-performance Driving. The Bob Bondurant School of High-performance Driving in Chandler, Arizona, is the Official High-performance Driving School of Dodge//SRT. All customers who buy a new model SRT will receive one full-day session with professional instruction and time on the track as part of the Dodge//SRT Package. For more information, visit www.driveSRT.com.
Dodge Names Hagerty Demon’s Official Insurance Provider
Dodge has named Hagerty as its official insurance provider of the Dodge Challenger SRT Demon – Hagerty is a company for people who love cars and already protect many of the rarest high-performance cars in the world.
About Dodge and SRT Brands
The Dodge brand is America’s mainstream performance brand. With the purification of the brand and consolidation with SRT, Dodge is focusing on its performance roots with every single model it offers. The Dodge and SRT brands offer a complete lineup of performance vehicles that stand out within their own segments. Dodge is the mainstream performance brand and SRT is positioned as the ultimate performance halo of the Dodge brand, together creating a complete and balanced performance brand with one vision and one voice.
From muscle cars to minivans, crossovers and full-size SUVs, the Dodge brand’s full lineup of 2017 models deliver best-in-class horsepower, class-exclusive technology, unmatched capability and a slew of cool features, such as LED headlamps, Dodge signature racetrack tail lamps, active exhaust, cold-air induction, 8.4-inch touchscreen Uconnect infotainment centers and 7-inch customizable gauge clusters, to name a few. For the 2017 model year, the Dodge brand lineup features the 25th anniversary Viper, Durango, Grand Caravan, Journey, Charger and Challenger, including the new Challenger GT, Charger Daytona and Challenger T/A, as well as the 707-horsepower Challenger SRT Hellcat and the Charger SRT Hellcat, the quickest, fastest and most powerful sedan in the world.
New for 2018, Dodge introduces the new 840-horsepower Dodge Challenger SRT Demon — the fastest quarter-mile car in the world and most powerful muscle car ever, as well as the 2018 Dodge Durango SRT – America’s fastest, most powerful and most capable three-row SUV.