The all-new Camaro Z/28 is one of the most hardcore and impressive offerings in the form of a Chevrolet performance car ever. This is not a Camaro with some nifty ground effects and a few pounds nipped and tucked off the car in various places. The Z/28 is a trained road course killer that employs a raft of new parts that engineers developed with the intention of making the car the most track capable and brutally hard cornering Camaro ever built. From the axles to the suspension components, exhaust, air intake, and a bunch of other major components, there’s a vast array of technology and new hard parts on the car. The good news is that starting this summer many of those parts and pieces will be available for you to bolt onto your 2010-up Camaro to improve its performance, looks, and sound.
As you will see in the press release below from Chevrolet Performance, about the only thing you won’t be able to bolt on is the few hundred pound of “lightness” the 2014 Z/28 gains through the use of carbon fiber parts and various equipment deletions throughout the car. Oh well. What you can bolt on are things like the production Z/28 suspension which is everything from springs, shocks, control arms, links, sway bars, etc. This is the full suspension, again not some half baked setup. You will have one of the nastiest Camaros at the autocross with this upgrade alone but it only gets better and you need to scroll down to see all of the offerings. We were legitimately impressed with the stuff that is available. Take a look below and you will be, too –
SCROLL DOWN FOR THE FULL RELEASE FROM CHEVROLET PERFORMANCE AND THE SPECIFICS ON WHAT PARTS AND PIECES ARE GOING TO BE FOR SALE THIS SUMMER TO UPGRADE YOUR 2010-UP CAMARO WITH!
HOUSTON – Beginning this summer, Chevrolet Performance will offer nine Camaro upgrade packages, each featuring components from the all-new Z/28. Each package has been validated for use in most model year 2010 and later Camaros. Many of the parts preserve the vehicle warranty when installed by a Chevrolet dealer – an advantage aftermarket installers cannot provide.
Combined with existing upgrade packages offering components from the Camaro ZL1 and Camaro 1LE models, Chevrolet Performance now offers a comprehensive line of performance upgrades for the track, the drag strip and the street.
“We have taken some of the very best components of our track-capable Camaros –and packaged them together for easy installation on other fifth-generation Camaros,” said Mark Dickens, director, Chevrolet Performance Engineering. “Each package gives customers the performance upgrades they want, and the peace of mind knowing each part has been engineered and tested to the same specifications as our production cars.”
The nine packages include:
- Camaro Z/28 Suspension – The kit includes front and rear spool-valve dampers, springs, and stabilizer bars; front ride/handling links; and rear upper control arms and trailing links.
- Rear Differential Cooling System – This kit includes the rear-differential cover, integrated heat exchanger, and all cooling lines and fasteners. On the Camaro Z/28, this system reduced the temperature of the differential fluid by 100 degrees Fahrenheit – and is ideal for track usage.
- Recaro Sport Seats – Compatible with 2012 and later Camaros, the Recaro front seats feature more pronounced side bolstering – ideal for performance driving. The driver and passenger seats are offered individually, and feature manual adjustment for reduced weight.
- Z/28 Cold Air Intake – This kit includes the full air induction system, including a K&N high-performance air filter and cold-air intake box assembly for improved engine power and cooling.
- Camaro Z/28 Exhaust Manifolds – This kit includes dual, hydroformed “tri-Y” headers from the 7.0L LS7 engine, offering increased airflow for other LS-series V8 engines.
- Camaro Z/28 LS7 Exhaust system – This includes the cat-back exhaust system from the Camaro Z/28. For an additional $150, an adapter kit is also available to join the 2.75-in diameter Camaro Z/28 system to the 2.5-in diameter LS3 exhausts.
- Camaro Z/28 Aerodynamics Package – Compatible with 2014 model and later Camaros, this package includes four components that contribute to the aerodynamic performance of the Z/28: front splitter, front wheel-lip extensions, underbody belly pan, and rear spoiler.
- Camaro Z/28 Brake Ducts – Compatible with 2014 model and later Camaros, this package includes the front-fascia opening and ducting to direct cooling air to the front brake rotors to increase braking performance for track use.
- Camaro Z/28 Helical Differential – This kit includes a zero-preload limited-slip differential with helical gears rather than traditional clutch packs. By continuously adjusting the torque bias, this differential maximizes available traction for faster lap times. The kit also includes the 3.91 axel ratio and integrated heat exchanger in the cover.
More information about the packages, including final pricing and vehicle fitment, will be available this summer at www.Chevrolet.com/Performance. Package will be available for sale directly through authorized Chevrolet dealers.
“The Z/28 is the most track-capable Camaro we have ever produced,” said Dickens. “With these packages, customers can buy some of the Z/28 performance hardware to improve their own track capabilities.”
About Chevrolet Performance
Driven by more than 100 years of motorsports heritage, Chevrolet Performance fuels the passions of automotive enthusiasts through high-performance vehicles, parts and racing. Performance cars include Camaro SS, SS 1LE, ZL1, Z/28 and the COPO Camaro. Chevrolet Performance parts include crate engines, transmissions, controllers and street-level components. Chevrolet competes in NASCAR, NHRA, ALMS, GRAND-AM, IndyCar and a variety of circle track racing series.
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the world’s largest car brands, doing business in more than 140 countries and selling more than 4.5 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature spirited performance, expressive design and high quality. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com