No announcement yet.

Remy's '83 Imperial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its amazing how much work can get done when you have some extra hands to help out. I'm a bit jealous. Nice work to all the wrench hands.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Absolutely. Without the help of Alex, John and Ryan I wouldn't be 1/16th of where I am at right now.

Done for the day. Got a LOT done. I physically am exhausted and I hurt. But it's so worth seeing this thing come together.

Tomorrow's agenda:
      Subframe hockey pucks
      Header removal/install
      Imperial eng install, boltup
      Final exhaust swap
      Front shocks
      Fuel tank swap
      Final bits
      Crank?
      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
        Its amazing how much work can get done when you have some extra hands to help out. I'm a bit jealous. Nice work to all the wrench hands.
        Hey who's wrench'n??..... Air Tools baby!!!!!...... I brought one of my small compressors and a couple of impacts and an air ratchet, definitely made things go a lot easier......

It was a good day we pulled two motors, Bryan finished up the swap on the rear end on the Imperial, and we only managed once to try to flip the engine off the cherry picker!!!......... Bryan we're taking the Imperial off the jack stands and lowering the front end down when we stuff that motor back in.....

And I got to say it's really a good time hanging out with Bryan, lots of good laughs!!!.......and again I want to give a special thanks to my friend John for coming and helping out, he gave up his Saturday to help a fellow HotRodder!!!.......

See you in the morning Bryan, and get some sleep!!!.......
        Last edited by TC; October 13, 2012, 08:36 PM.

Comment

• Lucky you, my car buddy moved to SC. My last helper was a 40" piece of 2x4.
          Tom
          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• I miss my MI car buddies a LOT! But I FINALLY starting to make some connections here in NC including Rashid who helped me pull an engine last week..

Dan

Comment

• A co-worker has a 15 year old son interested in cars that might become my helper when I start on pulling the engine in the Firebird (next weekend?). That is if he doesn't have after school sports or something anyways. He came out to Bonneville for a day this last August.
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Greg (JapTrapDriver) has joined the crew...

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

• I think you may have a bit too much toe - in.
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• She wont be mad Remy. Just do it as a surpise.
                    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

• Oh, bullshit she won't be mad. Trust me on that one. And who the F puts sidepipes on a Cordoba?!

There's still a ways to go. Headers, some wiring, accessories, pulleys, some coolant and trans fluid, and I have to replace the driver's side tie rod because yours truly went a little too ballistic popping the steering linkage off and ended up flattening the space for the cotter pin. Oops.

Also found that the front mags were rubbing on the A-arm, so I'll be running the snowflake rim front/mag rear for that classic '80s poser look. Also, due to the fact that the entire exhaust on the Mirada is welded like a ship, I'm tempting fate...I'm gonna run it open-headered until I can get a true-dual all the way back to the bumper. No more exhaust fumes for me! I'll exit them like stock, kinda hidden, kinda showing.

Once again, thank you Alex, John, Ryan, Greg, Chris and David for helping me out this weekend. Hopefully I get good money out of the three catalytic converters and I can do something nice for y'all in thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by kyhunter89 View Post
                        http://bgky.craigslist.org/cto/3333930104.html

She wont be mad Remy. Just do it as a surpise.
                        Don't forget you're actually close enough for me to find Unless you can come up with an original 1970 Chevelle SS 454, every other suggestion will be met with a resounding, "hell no."
                        Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

• Every man needs one car with sidepipes, just ask sbg.

Comment

• Then he can put them on one he already has. We have 4 vehicles between us (once the Mirada goes bye bye) and we will ONLY be expanding that for a Chevelle or Challenger.
                            Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

• I've got 7 myself. 6 run. I've hid from girls from BG before...

Comment

• Originally posted by kyhunter89 View Post
                                I've got 7 myself. 6 run. I've hid from girls from BG before...
                                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                                X