No announcement yet.

Remy's '83 Imperial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.24, that's got to be some kind of record, seriously - that thing must accelerate like a constipated snail.
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Yeah, all fart no shit. Seriously, it takes manual shifting to make things move properly. That's why my 2.94 SG rear went into the Mirada. Even that isn't good enough in my eyes, but it did help. Won't spin tires without help, but can't argue with mid-20's mpg, either.
      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

• Mid 20's is spectacular for an older car. Lugging is where it's at on the freeway.

Eventually you can put a 9" in it and swap gear sets in an hour.
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• The swaps have started!

...and then the rain started..

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

• it rains in Arizona? who knew

if it makes you feel any better, it's beautiful blue sky up here
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• You certainly know how to cheer my day up...

Comment

• Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post

...and then the rain started..
                Don't be a sissy
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Just cause you're into masochistic behavior...

Comment

• Been there down that on my 4 speed swap

Tom
                    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• Brrrr.

After a couple of slow days, I got the rear out in an hour. The biggest bitch with FJM rear swaps is the E-brake cable system (see the Mirada's rear swap for a thorough description of how much I hate them). This one came out easily, other than a snapped sway bar end link. I've got two spares on the Mirada, I should be fine.

Notice the Pentastar on the cover. This is a factory Chrysler marking for premium parts that meant they were to be shipped directly to the Imperial line instead of being put into a Diplomat, Cordoba or Aspen. This is the second one I've found so far, the first is the Imperial-only 118-amp alternator.

Comment

• Looks like the aftermath of the American Graffiti cop car scene.

Dan

Comment

• This is the Mirada's pass/rear subframe mount. Suddenly I am glad I'm doing this swap.

Second one out. '57 belongs to my landlord, I can't touch.
                          Last edited by BangShift McT; October 12, 2012, 04:44 PM.

Comment

• God, I love that stance...

Rear axle in, engines as of now are close to out. BIG thanks to Alex (TC), his friend John, and Ryan for busting their asses helping me out. With luck, both engines should be swapped and in, and I should be getting ready to fire the Imperial either late tonight or early tomorrow.

Comment

• way cool, nice work!!! and in other news, the universe has righted itself, it's sunny in Arizona and I broke out my scuba gear for a bike ride today...
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• That makes me feel much better.

F*cking boat anchor...

Comment

Working...
                                X