Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a bit of wiring accomplished
    how I wire... bare wire connectors covered by shrink tube

and wiring in a MSD solid state relay. runs 2 fans, water pump, and fuel pump

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• not quite ready to fire, but I got the electrodigitals all ready to go

Comment

• well, it's been a couple days. will be a couple more before I get fully back to this - for my birthday I got a major health scare... woohoo me. As it's something I've dealt with since birth, I kind of know the routine.... I'll be fine by Christmas.... should be.
        during this time, my new radiator did arrive and it doesn't fit (just like I expected

my goal is to use a Z06 intake that goes over the radiator to pick up cold air.... so major remodel time

and make a nice, short list (ha)

core support is ugly anyway so this will be an improvement

and it's out.

tomorrow I should have the last of the parts to start mocking all of into place....

Comment

• Little nibbles... time to complete the removal of the cross brace

and gone

I'll weld caps on the stubs.... but then onward to the new support

and got more bits for the radiator....

also got the throttle cable.... of course, some voiding will be required

Comment

• I always feel like somebody's watching me

part of today was running the throttle cable....
            but first, break every warranty

not one thing wasn't modified....

problem 2.... maybe put the radiator vertically?

it does give me more room and would provide better cooling, however, it puts the filler below the outlet on the motor

it is above the crossmember

would require pinning the hood

so thinking.

and worked a bit on belt alignment - though I'm waiting on more parts

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

problem 2.... maybe put the radiator vertically?

it does give me more room and would provide better cooling, however, it puts the filler below the outlet on the motor

weve been thru this before... the stock radiator filler is below the motor as is anyway.
              use an inline filler in upper tube, if i remember right i used the one for a 360 v8
              dodge durango. but theres also these aluminum ones...

Amazon.com: JSD M070 Aluminum Upper Radiator Hose Filler 1-1/2" to 1-1/2" Ref# 63730 : Automotive

Click image for larger version

Name:	fill02.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	1346405

Comment

• Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

weve been thru this before... the stock radiator filler is below the motor as is anyway.
                use an inline filler in upper tube, if i remember right i used the one for a 360 v8
                dodge durango. but theres also these aluminum ones...

Amazon.com: JSD M070 Aluminum Upper Radiator Hose Filler 1-1/2" to 1-1/2" Ref# 63730 : Automotive

Click image for larger version

Name:	fill02.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	1346405

that's what I took off the car..... problem is it is right over the belts - thus any spill means squealing belts. In the way back machine, I saw a C3 Corvette at the Corvette swap meet which had a vertical radiator.... probably even have a picture of it somewhere.... they used a different core...

Comment

• Could you put in a surge/fill tank with a tee in the upper radiator hose? GM now uses a similar setup in their light duty trucks...
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	104.0 KB ID:	1346434
                  Last edited by silver_bullet; December 12, 2023, 08:03 AM.
                  Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                    Could you put in a surge/fill tank with a tee in the upper radiator hose? GM now uses a similar setup in their light duty trucks...
                    Click image for larger version Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	104.0 KB ID:	1346434
                    68 Corvettes used those....

Comment

• solid state relay connected and operational

and now the boring part

I have lots of questions about how to make the spark system - so that will be a phone call to Holley tomorrow.

Comment

• working, again, on the core support

note on Paul's car, there's actually some room between the condenser and the headlight cannisters

I think I can gain about 3" total redoing the support (move it towards the nose and also down

the key here is this, the air cleaner is going to be a copy of what the C5 Z06 looks like
                        working, again, on the core support

note on Paul's car, there's actually some room between the condenser and the headlight cannisters

I think I can gain about 3" total redoing the support (move it towards the nose and also down

the key here is this, the air cleaner is going to be a copy of what the C5 Z06 looks like

Comment

• Back to this, not much to report. I talked to Holley today so I could figure out how to program the ignition...

I could probably start it... but I need to verify several things like sensors and timing so it's going to wait a bit

Comment

• Come on Holley.. you could at least expand it to the entire page.... try reading this. With a magnifying glass... still isn't clear. thankfully it's online but this is bs

what am I going on about... this

more directly this.... I have no idea what this plug is (and don't say Delphi, it ain't)

the correct order

green plug bad, green plug gone.... warranty voided

and installed

tomorrow will be the big day to test sensors... have one more to install (at least I think only one more)...

Comment

• Sensors work, fuel line leaks (well, after I swapped the lines)

remove sensor for now

start on accessories

It does pop.... which means I have spark and fuel, just not at the right time. Add to this that I zero lashed the rockers - and I have a couple steps before it truly makes sweet noise (like putting a cooling system together and making the accessories work).

I have questions about spark control... and I need to spend some quality time understanding what I need to do.... but still, it will run.
                              Merry Christmas

Comment

• it does start-ish... timing is way late, but the good news is fuel and spark IS happening - so now it's just a matter of fine tuning.... oh, and I didn't send the intake into low earth orbit.... so win, win
                                also got the belts lined up
                                3/8" spacers

installed

and here it is

had to drill out the power steering spacers - still not thrilled with how wobbly it is - if it's noisy, I'll have to make a bracket

Comment

Working...
                                X