Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Question. Plumbing the remote tank has some challenges that would be made far simpler with an electric heating element.... Optima requires HVAC, but they don't require it to work well.... what if I just re-engineered the system? it'd give me tons more room..... preserve the fan but replace the liquid radiator with coils....

    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	60
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	1348038
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 14, 2024, 10:42 PM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

    Comment


    • Interesting idea.
      will it be enough to defrost (clear fog) off the windshield? Even on Humid Hot days,
      A hot sweaty driver can cause windshield fog over.

      I will let your Hawaiian Lover have word play on
      "hot sweaty driver" in that last sentence.....

      Comment


      • Comment


        • Originally posted by Monster View Post
          Keep that popcorn out... according to someone at Summit Racing, all the decisions there are now made by computers.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Captain View Post

            I will let your Hawaiian Lover have word play on
            "hot sweaty driver" in that last sentence.....

            yeah..... i beat the f#rking sh#t out of it !!!!

            Click image for larger version  Name:	fatguy01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	145.7 KB ID:	1348108
            Last edited by fatguyzinc; January 15, 2024, 09:57 PM.

            Comment


            • today's fun started with a wheelbarrow... need heat in the shop and wheelbarrow is the transport device.... but the tire is defective as it is flat on one side

              so I got a new one that doesn't take air

              once the fire was going and the temps were above 40*
              tacked the over bar in place

              and test fitted everything... a bit close on the lower hose but it clears...

              problem is I can't use both fans on the same side now... the hose interferes with it.
              put it on the outside doesn't seem like a good idea either


              now about Summit Racing
              Summit Racing is my go-to place. I'd rather buy in my town but there ain't much here.

              so story time with a moral... Ordered parts from Summit. When ordering from them, it either takes 2 days to get the parts or 10 days. And I check where it's coming from. So I get a notice that it's coming in 2 days (today - weird because holiday) but dunno, and tomorrow is fine too. So I go to my email and check arrival times... that's weird, I got a second email with arrival times. First one, 1/15, next one 1/22. Get on the phone, explain (for the second time in as many days) that I rely on those dates - and it's not a huge deal if you send me an email that says "your parts are delayed".... but this surprise stuff, a big 'no'

              They do nothing about the Mongolian yak shipping - but give me $80 back... which I use to buy the parts I absolutely needed this week from Jegs. Now, whenever that stuff arrives, I'll have spares...

              The moral in all of this is don't order online, call in your order. Get the salesperson's name and employee number. Weirdest thing, when I do that - it arrives as expected.... that said, if they continue to give me 25% off for 10 day orders - I'll suck it up.
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

              Comment


              • Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post


                yeah..... i beat the f#rking sh#t out of it !!!!

                Click image for larger version Name:	fatguy01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	145.7 KB ID:	1348108
                isn't it fun how a geriatric trash collector will say things to a person, that if said to his face, would result in him being the first garbageman to achieve of low-earth-orbit?
                Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 16, 2024, 08:48 AM.
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

                Comment


                • relax, cochise--it was a bit of self depriciating humor. i too beat anorexia by a country mile...

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
                    relax, cochise--it was a bit of self depriciating humor. i too beat anorexia by a country mile...
                    as your alleged lover, we need to talk about your diet. I'm sending Captain to you to enforce it.
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

                    Comment


                    • .

                      ​​​​​​​​​​​

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Captain View Post
                        .

                        ​​​​​​​​​​​
                        okay Capt Garbage. Welcome to ignore.
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Captain View Post
                          .

                          ​​​​​​​​​​​

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                            today's fun started with a wheelbarrow... need heat in the shop and wheelbarrow is the transport device.... but the tire is defective as it is flat on one side

                            so I got a new one that doesn't take air

                            once the fire was going and the temps were above 40*
                            tacked the over bar in place

                            and test fitted everything... a bit close on the lower hose but it clears...

                            problem is I can't use both fans on the same side now... the hose interferes with it.
                            put it on the outside doesn't seem like a good idea either


                            now about Summit Racing
                            Summit Racing is my go-to place. I'd rather buy in my town but there ain't much here.

                            so story time with a moral... Ordered parts from Summit. When ordering from them, it either takes 2 days to get the parts or 10 days. And I check where it's coming from. So I get a notice that it's coming in 2 days (today - weird because holiday) but dunno, and tomorrow is fine too. So I go to my email and check arrival times... that's weird, I got a second email with arrival times. First one, 1/15, next one 1/22. Get on the phone, explain (for the second time in as many days) that I rely on those dates - and it's not a huge deal if you send me an email that says "your parts are delayed".... but this surprise stuff, a big 'no'

                            They do nothing about the Mongolian yak shipping - but give me $80 back... which I use to buy the parts I absolutely needed this week from Jegs. Now, whenever that stuff arrives, I'll have spares...

                            The moral in all of this is don't order online, call in your order. Get the salesperson's name and employee number. Weirdest thing, when I do that - it arrives as expected.... that said, if they continue to give me 25% off for 10 day orders - I'll suck it up.
                            The problem is we are spoiled and become KAREN'S when we don't get what we ordered in 48 hours . This is where a local small business would fire the customer.
                            Remember ordering things and it was normal for it to be 2 to 4 weeks .
                            Once the order leaves Summit's dock they can't do much about delivery times, drop ships they have zero control of.
                            I don't complain when an order is coming with free shipping. Seems like biting the hand that feds you,when you know the cost of shipping packages and even if they get better rates than most it still isn't cheap.
                            Last edited by 2020 mustang; January 17, 2024, 12:09 AM.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

                              okay Capt Garbage. Welcome to ignore.
                              I will back off ....at least for awhile.....
                              I see my Job Site Style Humor is Chapping Your Ass.
                              You would have a Hard Time at any Job Site,
                              and....
                              The "Lost Home Boy's Garage" here on Saturday Evenings, with the Rusty Iron Junkies and Chubby Chicks I hang around with.

                              Peace Out.....

                              Charlie Alpha Peter Tango......
                              clear

                              Comment


                              • And here you promised you wouldn't talk to me again... and yes, this is relevant because honesty really is everything... but I digress.

                                reading is so hard.... as it says in the first post shipping time isn't the issue... Summit has full control over which warehouse they send the stuff - fact is that they even said that they didn't know why it didn't come out of Reno because Reno has all the parts. No drop ships.
                                Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 17, 2024, 07:42 AM.
                                Doing it all wrong since 1966

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X