Welcome back to our coverage of Project Power Laggin’! Follow along as we take a tired 1979 Dodge W150 Power Wagon we found in Central Maine and transform it from a derelict roadside attraction to a dependable, powerful weekend workhorse that lives up to it’s given name! In this installment, we continue to perform some much needed repairs, as well as making a few improvements to this old hauler!
Last time we checked in on the ol’ Wagon of Laggin, we ended up fixing a lot of things wrong with our truck that were either the result of it being a 40-year-old vehicle or by the grubby hands of its former owner, who we not-so-affectionately dubbed the Wire Nut Bandit. Even though we repaired a lot of its issues, there’s still plenty more stuff to fix and improve before we can really have fun with it. That said, let’s dive in!
While we are nowhere near done with fixing all of the issues with the truck, it’s coming along very nicely. It starts, runs, rides, drives, AND stops much better now, and having the ability to keep an eye on revs, oil pressure, and how much gas is left in it are essential to keeping it going. We even had time to give it a little style upgrade with those dog dish poverty caps, side mounting the spare, and adding those smaller steps to replace the old aluminum running boards. We hope you are enjoying this series, and we’ll hope you will follow along in the future, as we continue to fix up this old rig! As always, feel free to add a comment below!