Snow in the north, rain in the south, and psychotic weather in-between. Racing stops for nobody, car shows are going down and it’s another week here at BangShift! Chad will be out in Las Vegas to cover the Spring Fling Million race and McTaggart will be out at Beech Bend this upcoming weekend for the Outlaw Street Car Reunion V, so expect the good stuff to pour in like the water that has been filling up McTag’s yard this week. In the meantime, enjoy the Scrapple we’ve whipped up for you:
1. Don’t cry over spilled beer.Because no beer was actually harmed when a truck mis-managed an onramp, crashing down onto Interstate 95 below, sending a whole flood of empty kegs into traffic. The driver of the truck was injured but had made it to the hospital in stable condition and the driver of the red car involved in the incident will recover. What isn’t known is how many motorists tried to pilfer themselves a keg of suds for their own use.
2. Subscribe to Mercedes-Benz?Welcome to the Mercedes-Benz Collection, the second monthly subscription-service setup we’ve heard about this month. We don’t know about tiers or pricing, but insurance, roadside assistance and vehicle maintenance are part of the program and the service will be available in Philadelphia and once again, in Nashville. How many rich people live in Nashville that can’t be bothered to just purchase the car? Looking right at you, Brentwood…
3. Last chance for two hard-hitting Mopars…The final Dodge Challenger SRT Demon and final 2017 Dodge Viper are going to be sold together as a package deal called “The Ultimate Last Chance” at Barrett-Jackson’s Northeast auction, which starts on June 20th. The proceeds, all 100% of them, will go to United Way. How many millions do you think will be paid for these cars?
4. We’d be screaming at the City Council.
Either that, or we’d take care of the camera with a twelve gauge with extreme prejudice.
5. Car for candy?!2003 Honda Accord. Not our cup of tea, but you could make a worse decision buying a car for a daily driver. But what would you trade it for? A Florida woman recently offered up her Accord for the exchange of Candystore.com’s entire stock of Necco wafer candies. Necco has been looking at the possibility of going under within a couple of months and “panic buying” has been impacting the company since. But an entire Honda for something that looks like a colorful Communion wafer? Really? That’s as bad as people I knew who were hoarding Zingers when Hostess went bankrupt in 2012.
BONUS: Hellcat Everything?The updated Ram truck line has barely been out and already we are hearing rumor mills surrounding the Rebel trim package. NOTHING IS CONFIRMED, but the rumor mill won’t shut up about two upcoming possibilities: one is referred to as the Rebel TR that is expected to use either a 6.4L mill or a possible new variation code-named “Banshee”, and the Rebel TRX, which is…oh, yeah, you know where this is going…Hellcat powered. If this actually goes down, expect someone at the Sierra Club to be rushed to the hospital with chest pains.