X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    Where did you find the cable? I don't recall seeing 5/32 at the hardware store.

Dan
    the cable is something GM sourced..

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Where did you find the cable? I don't recall seeing 5/32 at the hardware store.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    I know, I know, I've gone without an e-brake in my '40 for years.... but still
    time to make it work on this

5/32 wire... who uses 5/32 wire? gm, apparently

so when I get crimpable ferrules on Wednesday, I'll mark this done

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    weights... it did take quite a bit of time, but at least it seems to be pretty close now... first... always rock your car... or lose 200 lbs

the result....

that is with me in the driver's seat and a full tank of fuel

and you have no idea how tempted I am to cut the two seats apart and make one that fits AND holds me in place

Leave a comment:

• 1946Austin
    replied
    I take it the techs at most tracks will require a double spring on throttle return?

Leave a comment:

• fatguyzinc
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    we will not be talking about the shape, color, or use of my leather goods.

"plausible deniability"?

Leave a comment:

• fatguyzinc
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell View Post
    Do you have a black leather mask and cape?

my money is on yes--double or nothing says theres also a riding crop,
    thigh high leather boots and a studded leather thong in the mix as well.......

they dont call him SUPERbuick for nothing.....

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by 1946Austin View Post
    Will there be local Optima Challenge events near your area? Or will you have to trailer the car far to get to any of them?
    Sounds like traction, or controlling all that power will be your biggest issue at any event. I'm sure once you've gotten your right foot educated to the Corvette it will do well!
    the FiTech has an internal spring that is more than adequate - the trick is to find double springs that don't actually do anything, then throttle control is a bit easier.

closest Optima is Bay-Area California. I only have to go to one event to qualify, but the 2021 schedule isn't out yet so perhaps that will change. I really don't have a problem toting it to California - I can practice up here at PIR, Pacific Raceway and the Ridge are all close (Road courses), Monroe has some stuff - practicing out of view of the mainstream could be beneficial... I'm hoping to get some autocross experience before winter shuts it down.... crossing fingers because I'm not quite ready yet.

Leave a comment:

• 1946Austin
    replied
    Will there be local Optima Challenge events near your area? Or will you have to trailer the car far to get to any of them?
    Sounds like traction, or controlling all that power will be your biggest issue at any event. I'm sure once you've gotten your right foot educated to the Corvette it will do well!

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    we will not be talking about the shape, color, or use of my leather goods.

been enjoying watching these guys tangle

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Looks good! This car reminds me of the batmobile. Do you have a black leather mask and cape?

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by mike343sharpstick View Post

It should do well, all the good parts are there. Trick will be getting it all dialed in with brake bias, shock damping, spring rates, bla bla bla. Curious, how much camber will you be starting with?
    Oh... and that part where your right foot and your hands do the right thing. Corner exit will be a little tricky I think
    I never imagined the numbers I was going to get with the weights... 3200# minimum, my 220# tail inside and a half tank of fuel and I'll be right there ...

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    for those curious, this is stock

Curb weight, lb

Weight distribution (with driver), front/rear, %

49/51

Speed on 100-ft radius, mph

Lateral acceleration, g

Speed thru 700-ft slalom, mph

Speed on 100-ft radius, mph

Lateral acceleration, g

Speed thru 700-ft slalom, mph

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    and time to start making it fast
    first was fix the throttle pedal (to get full throttle and not take 40 lbs of effort) and connect the vacuum advance

noticed I could see the core support - distracting, but not anymore

full tank of fuel

those are pretty good numbers

Leave a comment:

• 65RHDEER
    replied
    Good to hear that a plan has worked and there are no unexpected surprises in the suspension department.
    Last edited by 65RHDEER; August 27, 2020, 12:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X