X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Onward
    a lot of tonight was change the oil and cut the filter.... it looks okay - no big chunks and about normal for a first-fire oil change
    then remove the other gauge stuff for the new gauges

then install gauges in the bezels
    old

new... and more breakage.

new

and the center stack

new headlight switch

pw switches

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

the postman and the UPS driver do... FedUp is special - this time it was an unmarked white van... I presume they do that so the people who live in my area don't immediately go postal on them.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by milner351 View Post
    I would think by now every driver of every delivery company would know exactly where your place is, what the dogs names are, and where you prefer your boxes set.... it's not like you only place orders once a year or something! Fedup - INDEED
    the postman and the UPS driver do... FedUp is special - this time it was an unmarked white van... I presume they do that so the people who live in my area don't immediately go postal on them.

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    I would think by now every driver of every delivery company would know exactly where your place is, what the dogs names are, and where you prefer your boxes set.... it's not like you only place orders once a year or something! Fedup - INDEED

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    well, back to this.... got most of the parts in - still waiting on window motors, but outside of that.... I think I have everything

I convinced myself this car was worth a Dakota Digital package... which almost didn't happen courtesy of that company we called FedUp

in other news, I wonder at why I had all sorts of pressure when I built this and very low pressure now...

well, if the distributor moves up....

yep, God was watching over me
    and oil pressure

locked in place.. forever.. just like before

in other news, I have shaft rockers for this - and the rockers seem a bit loose

Leave a comment:

• fatguyzinc
    replied
    the crank pulley is inline with the front tires center/wheel bearing.
    that makes a C3 vette 'almost' a mid engine design. with camaro
    rear, roll bar, giant rims etc you added even more weight to the aft end...

my white vette wouldnt burn out unless you MADE it do it. (footbrake
    and mash gas, or any water on road.)

i wonder if between torque of your motor (easily well over 500lbft+
    from 2500rpm all the way to redline would be my guess), leverage
    of giant wheels, weight etc you are just exceding the 'breaking torque'
    of the center. i know a superbrute is 450ftlb and thats considered about
    the strongest before a locker or a spool.

of course i have been hit in the head alot, so...................

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
    You got a camaro 6 cylinders rear open diff .
    you're not funny.... well, funny looking, but you no funny man.

and I had the rear cover off... I trust no one.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    You got a camaro 6 cylinders rear open diff .
    Last edited by Dan Barlow; July 27, 2020, 05:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    what a useless day.... first
    I quite nearly took this out on the street but it wasn't running right then tonight when I went to put it away, the starter wouldn't turn the motor over... battery wasn't topped off, but at 70% with a 3 hp starter... it should have started.

however

the bad news is... why one wheel? maybe dirt was on the fringe and it does look kind of like it spun... anyway, that was just the start

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    the last time I put anything in this was 20 years ago... still not through it all

though it is getting thinner

why, you ask? because I needed 4 pop rivets

yesterday, installed the spoiler

and started on the rear access panel

did I need to put a seam around the edge? absolutely, I needed to play with my bead roller....

not exciting stuff, waiting on parts from pretty much everyone... of course, some was supposed to arrive today, but they sent it via FedUp... so nope.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post

Ah. The Band of Idiots. I'm not sure if I :

a) worked for
    b) worked with
    c) was the band leader
    if you have to ask which, you already know who.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

2) never try to out think a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
    Ah. The Band of Idiots. I'm not sure if I :

a) worked for
    b) worked with
    c) was the band leader

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post
    Can you tell me what other surface on that starter could possibly go against the block with that starter maybe they're thinking people will try and glue them on!
    On Summit Racing, there is a full on rant by someone who couldn't put the starter on without grinding the block.... uh, there's bolts to clock it? two rules:
    1) build a device that only fools will use, and only fools will use it
    2) never try to out think a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post
    Can you tell me what other surface on that starter could possibly go against the block with that starter maybe they're thinking people will try and glue them on!
    I bet some fool has tried to install it upside down and bitched when it didn't fit. So the damn lawyers () got involved and told them to mark it. Probably a note on the sticker that says "Remove this sticker before installation" too.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• 65RHDEER
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X