• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain View Post

Glad you appreciate my Dark Humor !

You know it's the Little Things that will mess you up.
    It's Not the Mountains that challenge a Journey..... it's the Sand in your Shoes that wears you down.
    I know you will be Race Ready. Your commitment to excellence is evident.
    it comes from getting dead tired of breaking

Leave a comment:

• Captain
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    *rant ON*
    watching Hot Rod Garage with Lucky and that chick (oh I'm going to get worse, just hold your hate). They have 3, count them, 3 days to complete a trans swap, front differential swap, and completely rewire the car with Holley Terminator X. This is Fast N Furious level BS.

3 days. what is that, dog years?

*rant OFF*

and her name is Alex and I also think she is a great swap from whatever that guy was before her.

but seriously. I've only seen that level of lie in Bill Clinton - apparently, HRG said 'here, hold my teleprompter'
    Glad you appreciate my Dark Humor !

You know it's the Little Things that will mess you up.
    It's Not the Mountains that challenge a Journey..... it's the Sand in your Shoes that wears you down.
    I know you will be Race Ready. Your commitment to excellence is evident.

Leave a comment:

• 2020 mustang
    replied

how are the pictures coming of your projects?
    No updates , so no photo's. Some work Full time plus a part time gig, and sadly don't have the free time to play with their hobby.
    It is why I bought the New Mustang. It keeps the need for speed fix under control till I can get to the hobby vehicles.
    I made the mistake of offering to help a life long friend with his new business and it is turned into a 30 hour plus a week part time 2nd job.
    All, I get to do is order parts ATM and look at them, start them every few days.
    I just don't see why anyone gets bent out of shape over a tv show.
    No idea how you are able to get as much or more done than Dan, he is retired, Are you?
    Last edited by 2020 mustang; January 7, 2024, 12:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by 2020 mustang View Post

You understand it is tv, you know entertainment, not real life, RIGHT?
    how are the pictures coming of your projects?

Leave a comment:

• 2020 mustang
    replied
    *rant ON*
    watching Hot Rod Garage with Lucky and that chick (oh I'm going to get worse, just hold your hate). They have 3, count them, 3 days to complete a trans swap, front differential swap, and completely rewire the car with Holley Terminator X. This is Fast N Furious level BS.

*rant OFF*

and her name is Alex and I also think she is a great swap from whatever that guy was before her.

but seriously. I've only seen that level of lie in Bill Clinton - apparently, HRG said 'here, hold my teleprompter'
    You understand it is tv, you know entertainment, not real life, RIGHT?

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    *rant ON*

*rant OFF*

Leave a comment:

• Captain
    replied
    I caved.... I'm signed up for Optima Challenge in Portland... if for no reason, it gives me a date to get this done by.... and there is a lot left.
    Motivation,
    Self induced DeadLines !!!

"As our story Builds with Stress and Tension...
    But wait ... Super Buick Guy shows up to the Rescue...."

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    I caved.... I'm signed up for Optima Challenge in Portland... if for no reason, it gives me a date to get this done by.... and there is a lot left.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    more radiator - tonight's episode, tetris

started with the real radiator and was pleasantly surprised that it's a bit narrower... still won't go in through the top

well, it will if you rotate the bottom of the core support

then the right answer is 'void every warranty'

taped the outlet to the radiator to test fit

and finally, it worked.... I pity the fool who owns this next and tries to remove the radiator....

it's so tight that you have to choose your radiator cap carefully

but it all fits.

why did I cut it? the outlet is at the very bottom of the radiator (which opens up another set of issues)

beside the creative hosework that's coming, it also is over the transmission cooler.... to be honest, I don't know what the Chinese were thinking... the cooler takes up at least 2/3rds of the available space - which, on a car that already has cooling issues... isn't a good idea

That leads me to what's next.
    but onto the next problem... notice how much further the motor outlet is compared to the radiator?

I need to get a remote, pressurized reservoir. I'll probably just leave the cap in place. With that said, I need to get the tube out of the side tank. I also have to put a heater return line into the radiator. This is good because that's the line I'll tap for the reservoir.
    Ah the joys of hotrodding

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    and carrying on - laying out the top

what was destined to be handrail is now a corvette part

side view

the part I made yesterday needs some air holes

drill holes....

this is where I stopped tonight - trying to picture what the top will look like. This piece is so chopped up and damaged that it's not going back on....

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    90% prep, 10% work.... tonight I got started by cutting down a knife die to use in my press. For those curious, I have FAR more money in dies then I do press....

knife die is a die that will bend 135*... this is the bottom of the die I cut

so here's a visual of why I'm doing this.... I now have 4" above the radiator to run the intake. The old piece is on

what came out of the bending process - it'd be nice to have a CNC, hydraulic brake but for now I have a BFH

after cutting and bending and pounding

lots of fitting... here, I made a mistake, I should have flattened the knife brakes before I bent the 90* front bend.... now it won't go into the brake

before I made the shroud fit

test fit

where I finished.... lots more to do such as blow holes to allow air into the bottom of the radiator

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Nice progress as always!

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    yes it now runs - which is pretty amazing...
    the problem.... the magnetic pickup doesn't have enough adjustment to get 60 degrees of BTDC advance - so I moved it to the other side and mounted it inside the power steering bracket.... worked really well other then being really fiddly trying to hold everything in place. It was nice having Rory here to help (the guy who owns the truck I posted a picture of yesterday)

the next thing - cap the holes I made when I removed the cross bar

cap 2

with the success of getting it running, time to put a cooling system back in place....looks like I'll be doing some warranty voiding real soon

to avoid confusion, I have 2 C3 Corvette radiators, this one got damaged in the move so it's become the test dummy

as we all know, boxes are great radiator mounts

cut the radiator support... was utterly full of rust.... so beside modification, there will be some repair. this will allow the intake air to come over the radiator

before cutting

also removed the bottom support so I can slide the radiator down an inch or so

need to check the fans to make sure I have clearance for them

back to test fitting

with the top bar cut off, I can lower the radiator I may put holes in the bottom to help with airflow

keep also in mind that the way the hood opens leaves precious little space from the stock location

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    It runs... that math for the cam sync? utter and complete BS. It DOES need to be set in advance of the crank signal - and Holley recommends at least 10 degrees - but that 195 degree stuff. nope.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain View Post
    Best Wishes, and I Mean It !!
    60 advanced has my Spydy-sences
    A little tingling......
    I know it is a reference point, but it sounds Extreme.
    the instruction is more then your maximum advance, less than 75 degrees. there is a slight problem, though, 42 degrees is about it for adjustment of the pickup

Leave a comment:

Working...
X