X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
    i still got a set of manual roll up window assemblies for a c3 if you want em....
    not the door itself or the glass, but all the guts..............
    sweet offer, but I have all I can foreseeably need.... though building a project by starting with the window mechanism wouldn't be the worse thing I've done

check your messages.

Leave a comment:

• fatguyzinc
    replied
    i still got a set of manual roll up window assemblies for a c3 if you want em....
    not the door itself or the glass, but all the guts..............

Leave a comment:

• Captain
    replied
    Or after sitting around for 8-10 years.......
    YOU can Start a MAD MAX Build Too.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    it's here, well, it's been here for a week - but last week was busy - so finally got around to pictures...
    1968 Corvette it's rougher then I thought it'd be.... but I bought it for the manual innards and the rear window surround (74 up don't have removeable rear windows, this lets me adapt that to my 76)... I'm still considering what I said before - PF4 - but whether this is the car that I start with... it may become a couch
    so here we go

this is a clue about why this car is like this... that rod is normally straight - it has other signs it hit something in the front pretty hard

weirdness is the windshield frame looks okay

yet if you look at the roof bar - it rusted apart at the targa

don't care, I got the manual insides I wanted and I have 4 door shells.... and a billion other parts like manual pedals

anyway, next up is get it out and stored (thinking above the bathroom) but for now I need it out because racing

Leave a comment:

• Captain
    replied
    Looks Cool ....
    Your Frankenstein C3 has Multiple Transplanted Parts,
    That are Learning to Work together.

Good Work Doctor.

Click image for larger version

Name:	young_frankenstein_by_arthur_ramsey_d8s8mq2-fullview.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	1337235

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Finally found a shop to do the alignment on my C3. I know, I should just go to Firestone, they'll have no trouble with this.... HA

so explanation.... the cams do NOT stay in place when you drive in a spirted manner... they will now

I'd replace that arm with something aftermarket but the aftermarket, strangely, doesn't have an arm for a retrofitted Camaro rear suspension in a C3 with coilovers.... sarcasm aside, coil overs aren't really something does with 5th gen Camaros, thus any arm expects you to use the struts.... which are not coilovers... so a bit of a tack and it'll stay now.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    did go play but I'm finally ready to go. Car is pretty much done and the motorhome is ready to go again. It wouldn't be me if it was completely done but it's close.
    this was the 'final' thing, 5th point for the harness for the passenger seat

still waiting on a different bracket for the spoiler - but that really is pretty much it. Just need to drive it - which is my plan for the next few weeks.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    going to attempt another race this weekend... of course, brakes would be nice in the tow rig

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    So today.... was supposed to Ax but it wouldn't stop rain and when it did stop raining, the thunder came rolling in. I need the practice but I'd rather not die - so did some side work
    like my spoiler
    when I went airborne at Thunderhill, I tweaked the front spoiler - it fell off when I rolled it back out of the trailer after the trip

so glue, clamp

rivet

then put a backer piece and reattach to the car

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    Safety equipment...
    When I started and the kid later, we built pretty stout bars/cages.. heavy and safe.
    started breaking trannys and rears.
    Had to lighten up. Yet still be safe when taking/giving poundings
    So yes.. there is too much safety..
    this is mostly a harness bar.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Safety equipment...
    When I started and the kid later, we built pretty stout bars/cages.. heavy and safe.
    started breaking trannys and rears.
    Had to lighten up. Yet still be safe when taking/giving poundings
    So yes.. there is too much safety..

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    now with paint

the white isn't an issue unless the carpet moves - since I have spare black paint

better

almost there... I don't know what I did with the grommet for the passenger seat - so I ordered another...

ah well, I can bolt it all down ...

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    time to work on the seat belt bar/roll bar
    the problem is simple - it's an utter PITA to get to the battery and getting to the top of the tank is nearly impossible while leaving the bar in..

so time to take the drop part out

and welded.... a few more things to do tomorrow then reinstall

Leave a comment:

• fatguyzinc
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

sometimes it takes a larger hammer to drive the point home.

lemme guess-- the B.F.H garage ?
    Last edited by fatguyzinc; April 15, 2023, 07:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Monster
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X