No announcement yet.

FJ40 I call Shipwreck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah.. So it will blow dirty and tell the smog folks it is?

Comment

• they don't sniff test cars in Washington - just check the computer.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• In other news, I finally got around to putting the tow bar on the fj40
        drill hole

plasma hole

test fit

and voila

Comment

• Nice! I remember when it seemed that a towbar on a 40 seemed like standard equipment!
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• We're headed to the coast in a few weeks - need the Suburban and something to play in the sand

Comment

• man, stuff gets rusty up there PDQ eh?
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• uh no.... my POS point and shoot camera loves red. it loves red a lot....

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                  Nice! I remember when it seemed that a towbar on a 40 seemed like standard equipment!
                  Because only very few had trailers!

Comment

• it doesn't run, it runs.... replaced the pickup coil - now it runs. the bit is so dead simple (basically copper wire wrapped around a spool that is then dipped in resin) that I can't imagine how it could fail.... but alas, I did nothing else and it runs again.

the offending piece

this was a pain to get back together mostly because I read the instructions and tried it their way first

the old bit

Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 18, 2017, 09:52 PM. Reason: pictures

Comment

• Nice
                      Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• I suggest that you take the BFH in the first pic and - um - make corrections to the failed part in the last pic. Believe me, you'll feel better and nobody will be tempted to use it in the future when faced with a similar issue.

Dan

Comment

• Kid ordered a "ready to run" dist last year. Night before the derby, no start.. Swapped old coil onto it as it was a good one on that car... Still no go..
                          Kid sent it back, bought another, installed it and the daughter ran 2 derbys with that one... Exactly ONE YEAR TO THE DAY HE SENT THE F'D ONE IN, he gets the replacement! I looked it over to get new "spare parts" "just in case". Damn thing is not replaceable.. Module go bad, buy a whole setup!
                          It does fire those hot derby motors up when most are cranking..

Comment

• With the spark plug fiasco under my belt, I'll be checking all the spark plugs in this rig to be sure that isn't what's killing my modules.

Comment

• Reinstall the roof

and built a bit of a fire

installed bangshift banner

I still think it's cool

but let's never forget, it's the stupidest build ever according to Pirate

Comment

• Just goes to show how little they know!
                                Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Working...
                                X