Recently on our message board a couple discussions have centered around fuel pumps. Mechanical versus electric, in-tank or inline, manufacturer-versus-manufacturer type of stuff abounds regularly around here.
So telling you all that, we were obligated to let you know about the new line of billet mechanical fuel pumps from Holley. Available for big- and small-block Fords and Chevrolets, these pumps can support up to 1,200 hp. They are offered in gasoline or alcohol specific models and are built to take a licking.
Here’s the rest of the scoop from Holley:
The new Ultra HP Billet Mechanical Fuel Pumps are constructed from CNC machined 6061–T6 aluminum to provide the utmost in strength and superior looks. These pumps not only look good they also perform. The Ultra HP Series pumps were put thru extensive durability testing before they were released for production. This equates to a rock solid, long lasting fuel pump. They come standard with –10 AN inlet and –8AN outlet fittings.They are intended for hard core strip use or they are perfect for use in circle track classes.
• Ultra HP Series flow 200 GPH
• Made from 6061-T6 billet aluminum for durability & good looks
• Ultra HP Series feature a CNC billet finish
• A/N fittings included with all pumps
• Bases are independently rotatable from the top for ease of installation
• Preset shutoff pressure of 15.5-17 PSI
• Requires the use of a fuel pressure regulator such as Holley part number 12-704.