Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Metric tires for a 4x4.. well I never heard of such a thing... I really need to cut back on the Vice Grip Garage - Derek talks like my grandpa did (he was from Minnersota as well)... and I'd mimic him... this is not good. ah well....

But they were $100 less than bias ply tires and they're both Toyo AND radial.... I'll try to completely recoup my cost by selling the current tires - likely I'll get 1k out of them.... all for better mileage and better drivability. 385/75 16 ....

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    onward

latch plate in place

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post
    Yep it's good to have a spare but the thing with 4X4 wheels is they are so BIG. Hanging off the back they are always in your way when you quickly want to grab something out of the rear. I only put mine there for the bigger trips but always carry plugs. Spending money on good tyers stops a lot of flats.
    yes but I carry the tire as a requirement for participation.... I fully agree with you, but fighting the system really isn't worth the time.

Leave a comment:

• 65RHDEER
    replied
    Yep it's good to have a spare but the thing with 4X4 wheels is they are so BIG. Hanging off the back they are always in your way when you quickly want to grab something out of the rear. I only put mine there for the bigger trips but always carry plugs. Spending money on good tyers stops a lot of flats.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    time for the spare.... in some of the things I do, we're required to haul a full sized spare.... I don't agree but I like doing that - so time to make one that doesn't rattle

These are cool, but I don't think I'll use them... or maybe...

finally something the warn winch can lift

the only issue is my tow points are higher than the spare... I could use the hitch, but that isn't there for recovery.

it's really not as low as it seems from the back.... still, If I carry a spare, it will be smaller. I have patch kits, tube, welding wire and dowels to fix a flattened tire - if I need to use a spare, I can put it on the front and unlock the hub (or pull a shaft on the rear)

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    I cheated to fix the door

door is on

and now opens sideways

Leave a comment:

• StillBobHolmes
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy

Yet I can say two words that you cannot about your Alfa.... It runs.
    Ouch, right in the nads. Can't argue that one.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Getting pretty sophisticated!

Dan

Leave a comment:

• StillBobHolmes
    replied
    Good Lord! You're still working on this thing?!

I don't feel so bad now.

Leave a comment:

• 1946Austin
    replied
    Leave it as is and cutdown on freeloaders wanting a ride!

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

WOW - soo I would have guessed that was a reference to the Beatles but I am not all that well versed on the music of the GeeBees!
    This! BTW - Beatles, Bob Seger (growing up in SE MI), Jefferson Airplane, etc, etc. I like the Dead OK but was never a fanboy.

I know little of the BGs since Mining Disaster. So they stole Lennon-McCartney lyrics?

Dan
    Last edited by DanStokes; November 5, 2020, 04:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied

I pictured you more as a Dead Head, not a Bee Gees type (nothing wrong with that, but it wasn't the image I had)
    WOW - soo I would have guessed that was a reference to the Beatles but I am not all that well versed on the music of the GeeBees!

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Get back! Get back to where you one belonged! (music for old people.......)

Dan

Leave a comment:

• 1946Austin
    replied
    Having everything inside where it can be safe when you walk away from the Cruiser is a good idea! Those jacks get stolen all the time while people are parked and away from their rigs.

Leave a comment:

• 1946Austin
    replied

shushhhhh, we're hunting weeps!
    Maybe hunting giant Asian hornets soon!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X