Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1946Austin
    replied
    Interesting placement for the dimmer switch. Is that a new location, or where Toyota had it originally?

Leave a comment:

• 1946Austin
    replied
    Are you staying clear of the smoke up there? We've been "fogged in" the last week with heavy smoke. I finally got outside all day yesterday to do a few repairs. It was still smoky, but I just couldn't stay indoors any longer!

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    I know the feeling! Added 6 feet to the width of my driveway so I can back trailers out. Few days after fixing it, school super's wife backed a brand new Blazer in the ditch.. I never shifted an auto transfer case before, she wanted me to unhook trailer and pull her out. Naaah. Switch in 4by and jumps out.."My husband will never know, will he?". Nope lady, unless you tell him. Garbage truck turned around in neighbor's driveway. Wider than mine, MISSED IT! Took 2 huge wreckers to pull him out... I laughed too hard!
    Two words: "situational awareness".

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    I know the feeling! Added 6 feet to the width of my driveway so I can back trailers out. Few days after fixing it, school super's wife backed a brand new Blazer in the ditch.. I never shifted an auto transfer case before, she wanted me to unhook trailer and pull her out. Naaah. Switch in 4by and jumps out.."My husband will never know, will he?". Nope lady, unless you tell him. Garbage truck turned around in neighbor's driveway. Wider than mine, MISSED IT! Took 2 huge wreckers to pull him out... I laughed too hard!

Leave a comment:

• 65RHDEER
    replied
    Did FiTech tell you what they fixed?
    Last edited by 65RHDEER; August 30, 2020, 11:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy

and then what? you'd rather I not post my adventures? seriously, stop trolling.
    not trolling - I'm trying to help. Your problem seems to be transient, moves around.. computer junk usually dies immediately or lasts for a long time. It seems like something is changing in your environment because things work, then don't work, then work. Like I said, no worries, I'm just throwing ideas out for thought. It wouldn't be any effort on my part to stop.

Leave a comment:

• 1946Austin
    replied
    Hope they find the issue, and get it back to you quickly.

I contacted Holley recently with a very simple question. What size are the factory jets in my Quick Fuel 650 double pumper as they go out the door. Of course I could pull the bowls easily to find out, but wanted to know before pulling the bowls. It only took them a week to finally tell me they're 71 primary, and 74 secondary. Way to big for my 350 SBC.
    I emailed back to tell them their response time was horrible, and I'd already gotten tired of waiting and pulled the metering blocks to see for myself.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied

the sarcastic in me suggests the only reason it was running was because of the rpm noise issue. I fixed that issue, then it stopped running.
    and I'll say it again, even more directly, there is not a grounding issue. something within the computer was unhappy and it stopped triggering the injectors....
    I'll just quote that for posterity in case it happens again. I own Nike stock, no worries.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    ground loop interference, low voltage, low current devices... it doesn't take a whole lot of noise to get a bad signal. Just throwing it out there for consideration.

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied

go back a couple years to where I'm ranting about Dakota Digital and their grounding demands (that you cannot use the frame as the ground) and which didn't f ix the problem....the grounds have redundant grounds
    So, the Holley folks were adamant that you run a dedicated ground from the battery to the ECU. I too have a ton of grounds (3 power train to frame and 2 body to frame) but got tired of arguing with them so I added the one they wanted. They also were quite clear about wire routing to minimize "noise". Seems "clean" power and grounds are important to EFI systems.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied

do you ground the efi sensors back to the efi controller or use chassis/battery ground?

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    Wow

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    ‘90’s TBI in general does a good job of proving how simple it can be to make an engine run. I’ll never forget the first time I saw fuel spraying the top of a closed butterfly valve.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    FGZ.. that needle/seat spring CAN and DOES fall off.. Have had it happen..

Leave a comment:

• fatguyzinc
    replied

guaranty I'd die on that 35% plus hill that I took a picture of... since when is an electric pump not mechanical?
    the spring loaded needle and seat set works WONDERS for
    an off road application. ask me how i know...

as for hating EFI, i hate EVERYTHING computer controlled.
    if theres any job in the world with built in job security, its IT tech.

i like carbs and mechanical fans and mechanical pumps and
    such because they have rarely left me stranded--but EVERY
    electric fan, holley blue or red pump, aftermarket efi, etc has
    done it to me and lots of other people i know of.

Last edited by fatguyzinc; August 15, 2020, 09:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X